Candidates with experience using the following technologies would be of particular interest:
- Management of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Crucible, Bamboo, Bitbucket) and plugins
- Familiarity with code coverage (SonarQube) and artefact management (Sonatype Nexus)
- Hosting and containerisation (VMware, Azure, Docker)
- Automation technologies (Puppet, Ansible, TerraForm)
- Deploy/configure/manage RDBMS and NoSQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Deploy/configure/manage web technology (nginx, httpd, HAProxy)
- Integrating applications using existing 'no-code' tooling
- Developing scripts to solve problems (e.g. bash, perl, python)
Our team owns and provides a global capability of engineering tools 'as-a-service'. We serve users across many different parts of our business. We create value by providing the platform, service and knowledge that supports delivery and engineering teams in planning, building and deploying their products and solutions. We borrow forms and principles from Agile, DevOps and SRE to organise and manage ourselves and our work and are responsible for delivering consistent, sustainable and predictable service operations for our users, as well as the delivery of our own change and project work.Essential:
- Evidence of analytical problem solving
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite
- Strong team working and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Linux, networking and PKI
- Administration of source control systems (git)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication across functional and geographical regions
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies, DevOps, SRE
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Working knowledge of software build practices, release and change management
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.