BAES Systems Digital Intelligence is a global mission capability provider helping to defend the world's largest nations and businesses against advanced threats for more than forty years. We solve complex, mission-critical challenges with technology-based solutions and an enviable portfolio of National Security, Intelligence and Analytics offerings.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Australia is looking for a junior security researcher who has a passion to plan and perform research into a wide range of systems and technologies with a focus on discovering and exploiting weaknesses in their design or software implementation.What you will be doing
- Learning a wide range of technology domains to enable relevant research based on customer and business priorities
- Experimental tool development to support the security research mission
- Review of source code and experimentation to find potential security flaws
- Writing technical reports of your findings for written publication
- Delivering presentations of your research to a wide range of audiences including the potential to present to external conferences
- Applying tools and techniques to extract firmware and other embedded software code to enable security research and analysis of hardware devices
In all these areas you will be working alongside a senior security research who will be providing guidance and mentorship during your initial months in the role.What we are looking for
Technological experience that would be an advantage:
- Passionate about the field of security research
- Ideally 1 - 2 years' work experience in a similar role, however high performing graduates with knowledge in described areas will be considered
- Ability to think systematically and take logical steps towards deconstructing a complex system
- Strong ability in programming
- Working knowledge of how Computers and Programs "really" work under the hood.
- Working knowledge of vulnerabilities and the security landscape
- Experience with exploitation techniques and tactics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write technical reports and present ideas logically
- Have disclosed CVE's under your handle would be a bonus!
- Compiled language (e.g. C);
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python);
- Disassemblers (e.g. IDA Pro, Ghidra);
- Debuggers (e.g. WinDBG, gdb);
- Traffic capture and analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark, MiTMProxy)
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process.Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.