The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, expertise and experience.
You will be involved in shaping, mobilising, planning and leading critical projects for key National Security, Defence and Telecommunications.
We're looking to hire a senior project manager in to our project delivery team focusing on a diverse and ever-changing portfolio of projects within our National Security and Defence business areas based in Canberra.
As a senior project manager, you will be accountable for the management of complex multi-disciplinary projects and/or a portfolio of projects spanning consulting, systems and product integration and software development. With excellent stakeholder management and project leadership experience, you will be comfortable working in the detail of projects enabling problem solving with technical teams through to briefing senior executives.
• Responsibility for the definition, execution and successful completion of projects within the portfolio
• Monitoring and reporting operational budgets, project profitability, staffing requirements, project resources, in-flight project change and inter-project dependencies and project risk
• Act as a point of contact for clients with day to day accountability for the service/solution being provided.
• Co-ordinate and grow relationships with key customer stakeholders and actively manages the client and sponsors expectations.
• Lead multi-disciplinary project teams including suppliers and subcontractors, holding them to account for project performance and enabling success.
• Provide accurate project status and cost and revenue forecasts at Project board reviews
• Assist in the development and review of proposals and bids for clients and projects within the business area
• Demonstrate excellent influencing skills and fully manages difficult situations with clients, take ownership of customer satisfaction.
• Co-ordination of project closures, lessons learned, knowledge capture and next-step actions across the portfolio of projects, so that plans and business cases can be established for the next iteration of business change.
• Working towards or holding professional PM certification (e.g. PMP)
• Have minimum 10+ years of complex Project Management/PMO experience ideally within a professional services or software/technology based industry
• Clear communications skills and must feel comfortable presenting in front of Customers on a professional level
• Able to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to a fast pace environment
• Hold and maintain Australian government security clearance at minimum NV2, ideally higher
• Available to travel interstate when required
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.