The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
The Cyber Security Consultant delivers a diverse range of services to our clients, which can range from commercial organisations, to state and federal government ministries, to military divisions and elements of national security.
You will be deployed into our Incident Response and Security Analyst on Demand (SAoD) team based in Melbourne. You will be involved in spearheading the response effort to a live cyber-attack, through to supporting our SAoD teams with analysis of the latest advanced threat groups. We require a diverse and dynamic consultant that pride themselves on jumping in headfirst and solving tricky problems.What you will do:
What we are looking for:
- Development of process and procedure;
- SIEM content creation;
- Forensic analysis of digital assets;
- Forensic analysis of security control logs;
- Incident co-ordination and management;
- Support other cyber security business lines with expertise and advice where required. This can include supporting Incident Response teams on active incidents, advising threat intelligence analysts on industry trends and observations, or providing our MSS analysts with customer context and feedback; and
- Use a firm grasp of information security to understand the challenges faced by clients, and an enthusiasm for delivering benefits and improvements to security programmes.
Desirable Skills and Experience:Essential:
- An enthusiastic, well-presented, strong communicator to engage with customers and provide clearly understandable security advice to key stakeholders, including Executive and Director level managers;
- A proven track record of successful delivery of engagements in cyber security;
- Understanding of the current trends, standards and developments in cyber and information security;
- Experience in identifying information risks and the application of the required controls;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines;
- Understanding the financial impact of business decisions to drive the projects to completion;
- Work in our Melbourne or Canberra based offices;
- Encourage knowledge sharing within the team'
- Basic experience in account management and business development.
- Experience with SIEMs - Splunk, Sentinel, ELK
- Relevant product-specific training and accreditation (e.g. Splunk, Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Azure, aws, networking technologies, etc.);
- Must be able to gain security clearance;
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Information Security, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related subject;
- Experience in security consulting gained with a highly reputable consultancy firm, technology company, or systems integrator.
- CREST Registered qualification for fewer than 2 years; or
- Training in relevant SANS technical hands-on course (500 level); or
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (pentester only)
We offer an attractive base salary and a very sound OTE package along with further benefits and the opportunity to make a significant impact in this growing market. You'll be joining a vibrant, energetic and highly skilled team, and a company dedicated to enhancing the career of all staff.Staff benefits at BAE Digital Intelligence:
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Health and wellness benefits including mental health program.
- Staff awards program.
- Generous staff referral program.
- Job-related training in-house and support for external training applications/contributions/sponsorship.
- Global network which offers opportunity to transfer to other markets.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.