BAE Systems DI Laboratories is seeking to recruit a researcher to join our rapidly expanding Data and Information Processing capability. We are looking for candidates who are adaptable, enthusiastic and highly motivated. You should have existing skills in Artificial Intelligence or neural net based machine learning applied to the computer vision /image analysis domain. You will also need to be a proficient programmer in Python, with extensive experience in the use of libraries and toolboxes to support efficient development. You will help to deliver a wide range of computer vision research topics for customers across the space, defence, security and commercial sectors, including for internal BAE Systems customers. You will also have the opportunity to maintain strong links with academic partners and to grow technical research areas of interest to you.
The Capability you will join has a diverse range of teams working in: reinforcement learning, NLP, knowledge graphs and graph based neural nets, AI for RF and EW, sonar and acoustics and you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues in multi-disciplinary teams.
In addition to a solid academic background and excellent written and verbal communication skills, we are particularly interested in candidates with experience in the application of deep learning techniques for image and video analytics, synthesis and forensics, or those who have expertise in the application of Deep Learning to satellite image data.Typical Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Prepare and deliver technical reports, technical proposals and supporting material
- Contribute to novel research in given topic areas, often in partnership with leading UK Universities
- Develop prototypes and proof of concept demonstrators
- Take ownership of tasks in projects and deliver to challenging standards
- Work effectively both on self-directed projects and as part of a project team
- Effectively present results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Several years of expertise in the application of deep learning to computer vision and image analysis problems. You will probably have a PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Evidence of publication in relevant journals and conferences is essential.
- Of particular interest are candidates with experience in the application of the following to image and video data:
- deep learning
- generative adversarial networks and other approaches for image synthesis
- digital forensics and anti-forensics
- Experience working with data from more exotic imaging sensors (e.g. X-ray, SAR, infra-red, hyperspectral etc.) would be beneficial.
- Appetite for working in a secure environment is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in software development for proof of concept in Python is essential
- Experience with machine and deep learning frameworks: TensorFlow, Pytorch, scikit-learn, etc. is essential
- Current right to work in the UK is essential
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearanceLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.