We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government and Defence sectors.
Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers' most complex problems.
Our people are what differentiate us, they are ingenious, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. In general, we work in teams. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with balanced, high quality solutions.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people's efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge.
Our breadth across the UK Government and Defence sectors provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise or with new clients.
This role will require you to have or be willing to go through Security Clearance at DV level.What you will do for us
Primarily we want people who can code.
Java is at the heart of what we do - so you'll have to know your way around this to hit the ground running, but you'll work with a range of technologies.
We need people with various levels of experience at coding - from those reasonably early on their careers who need some support, to those of you who are at the very top of your game.
Name dropping just some tech we use:
Python, NiFI Register, Git, ElasticSearch, Docker, Bash, Kibana or Data Visualisation software
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Designs, develops, tests and supports data collection, data integration and ETL applications to make information and data available to key client stakeholders and technical interfaces.
- Understands where the need for tight data controls arises to ensure seamless data flows around the organisation and to minimise future change.
- Models data requirements, data sources and data flows to bring order and structure to programmes of work.
- Defines how and where data is created, mastered and destroyed to ensure proper control over the lifecycle of corporate data assets.
- Understands how to add value to data - for example through data cleansing.
- Understands categories of products (and individual examples) that can be used to collect, integrate, store, visualise and govern data and metadata.
- Defines metadata to provide searchability and governance (including Records Management) for unstructured data.
- Works under the supervision of a Senior Consultant Data Engineer.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.