National Security Manchester Overview
The National Security business in Manchester is growing and there are an increasing number of opportunities to work with a range of National Security clients to provide solutions that have a real impact.
Be part of a growing team that not only delivers for its clients but also gives back to the community with plenty of opportunities to get involved with local community engagement and outreach activities to help build tech and cyber skills in the region.Lead Software Engineer
We are looking for experienced Lead Software Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government sector.What you could be doing for us:
What background are we looking for?
- Designing, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs, and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system
- Providing accurate estimates of development effort needed to design, code and test software from given specifications
- Leading a team of junior-mid level developers, providing oversight and mentoring where applicable
- Logically analysing code defects and produces timely code fixes
How we will support you:
- The desire to solve complex technical problems, helping our customers achieve their goals
- Someone who has the aspiration to learn new skills and better themselves where possible
- Knowledge of some cloud engineering such as AWS, Docker, Microservices ect is desirable but not essential
- The ability to work as part of a team, knowledge share and be involved with our Agile ways of working
Our commitments to you:
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
- Feel free to join in with some of our monthly social events ranging from: 'First Friday', Lunch & Learns (free pizza/snacks), Tech Talks and much more.
- Offer a flexible working pattern which can been your needs, we understand that there needs to be a balance between work and home life
- We have a lot of working parents here at BAE, doing the school run is an acceptable task to do, our flexible working means you are able to do this
- We have a dedicated Career Manager who will guide you through your journey with us, providing career advice as you go
- If you need to change your hours we can do this on a pro-rata basis, we have a lot of people who work 3 or 4 days a week and we are happy to support this should you want to work a shorter week depending on what works for you
- We have a range of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are set up by our staff to focus on making our place of work a better place. Some of these are: Great Minds (Mental Health), Age (breaking stereotypes about people of all ages), All in Club (how to be inclusive to everyone) and much more
- A 1 stage interview process which is done online to save you more time and offer you more flexibility of time slots. If you would rather this was in person or want more information we can of course accommodate this as well.
- If you have a disability or require any additional support or time at interview stage please let our recruitment team know, we are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to giving you the best chance at interview stage.
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
If this sounds like you, it's time to apply...Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.