About The Team
The AWS Product team manage the Digital Intelligence AWS infrastructure, which enables our globally-distributed software engineers. The team is responsible for delivering accounts/environments, as self-managed environments or managed-fabric services, and ensuring that the platform is continually developed to meet the evolving needs of the business and capabilities of the platform. We primarily follow an Infrastructure-as-Code deployment model and Agile delivery processes, for both operational management (including site reliability engineering) and new capability delivery.About The Role
The AWS cloud engineer will work across our deployed AWS cloud technologies used to build up the services in scope for the AWS Infrastructure product team. This is a multi-functional role that works with a Product Team to deliver business value through a high quality product using optimised-flow delivery models based on Agile practices such as Scrum or Kanban.
Primarily working with AWS cloud infrastructure technologies and day to day operational activities, the engineer will be responsible for the whole design responsibilities also exist within the role, under the supervision and direction of the AWS product architect. The key aspect of the role will be to endorse, support and maintain re-usable patterns that the team has already built and going to build, utilising infrastructure as code so that future deployments can be delivered through automation and code-reuse.
It's an amazing time to join our team and you'll be supported by experienced team of specialists in Engineering Operations, Scrum Masters and Information Security to build cloud agnostic patterns delivered through automation.
As Cloud Engineer, you will have deep understanding of the AWS infrastructure, its use-cases and how it brings benefits to the users of the service. He/she will live and breathe the Agile manifesto and will use, processes, tools and culture to continuously improve what they and how they work.What You Will Be Doing
- Configuring, deploying and supporting key AWS services like AWS Organisations, VPC Management, Cloud Formation, Security Hub, Route 53, GuardDuty and Quicksight.
- Building AWS resources using Infrastructure as code using Terraform or Cloud Formation.
- Building and deploying and operating AWS Organisation and Service Control Policies (SCP).
- Develop DevOps culture within the team by building, testing, packaging, releasing and deploying infrastructure as code.
- Participation in support rota to support our users and day-to-day operational responsibilities.
- Work with suppliers, users and product architect to continuously improve delivery.
- Review, establish and adhere to appropriate governance and configuration control.
- Building standard Operating Systems images and applying Operating System hardening to reduce the attack surface.
- Support our engineering teams in their use and migration to public cloud platforms.
- Document technical requirements/problems into format that business users can understand; document issue resolution and technical run books.
- Hands on experience with key AWS Services, experience with AWS Organisations, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Trusted Advisor, AWS Config.
- Building AWS resources using automation templates like Cloudformation, Terraform.
- Linux system administration skills and essential Windows administration skills.
- Knowledge of multi-account management and management of accounts centrally.
- Hands on experience of working with key AWS security services.
- Knowledge of key security risks when using public cloud and how the risk can be detected and remediated.
- Hand on experience in scripting languages like Python, Powershell and Shell scripting.
- Hands on experience using DevOps tools like Git, Bitbucket and Jenkins.
Amazon Certifications: AWS Certified Professional- Solutions Architect/ DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Speciality - advanced networking / Security , CISSP.Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.