Your new company
You will join a global organisation who are a market leader in delivering innovative and bespoke solutions to companies across the world . You will join as a Linux systems administrator to support, maintain and develop an environment that is used for penetration testing as well as providing wider infrastructure support to the local organisation as well as remote locations.
Your new role
As a Linux Systems Administrator you will have an excellent opportunity to develop your established Linux support experience and to build a foundation within cyber security. You will be supporting a variety of Linux, Windows and lab systems for penetration testers and their support teams, in office to start with as as you build your knowledge and skills in the company the more hybrid working will become available. You will also be supporting and improving the systems and tools.
- Maintaining equipment (Windows laptops, web applications, Linux machines, virtual windows machines, wireless testing devices, hardware, firewalls, and training equipment).
- Management of internal registers, logs, and backups, and testing these systems for DR and BCP.
- Maintaining security certification and accreditation standards
- Assisting in the initial phases of the penetration testing project lifecycle.
- Python development.
- Onboarding new staff onto windows laptops.
- Liaising with our global IT and cyber support team.
What you'll need to succeed:
With a demonstrable experience within an IT role (preferably systems administration or support), you will have proven Linux administration skills, either commercially or as part of home set-up. You will be comfortable navigating around the environment, editing files, user management, permissions, with ability to review and understand logs, troubleshoot, rebooting systems etc. Application development and programming foundation and any Python development experience would be view favourably. You should also have basic MS Windows Server administration
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid Working
- Pension Scheme
- 20 Days Holiday
- Well Being Services
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.