Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. We are currently on the lookout for a Certification Author
to join the team in Havant site.
The Certification Engineer at WASP MUST provide accurate quality and complete certification documentation for specific programs to support all new parts designed and manufactured at WASP.
They MUST ensure all outputs produced are to the standard required by the Certification Authorities such as 'aircraft manufacturers' qualification standards, e.g. D6-36640, ABD0100.1x, etc. and any other related standards for non-aviation work that WASP undertakes.
Essential Key Skills / Experience:
- Control of projects and documents from initial conception through to Customer acceptance to agreed timescales.
- Retaining ownership and responsibility for customer based projects.
- Provide Peer reviews and undertake document checking when required.
- Project plan and manage time effectively.
- Liaising with the Engineering Team to obtain the relevant information to provide Certification documentation to agreed time scales.
- Creation of Certification and any other related documentation to support projects.
- Revision of documentation in line with review comments from Peers, Customers and Certification Authorities until documentation is accepted.
- Provide Certification and Test documentation for each design for manufacturing purposes.
- Liaise with Program Management (PM), Engineering Project Lead (EPL) and Customers throughout the project process to ensure conformance to specification.
- Liaise with all relevant departments throughout the project cycle to ensure a smooth and efficient introduction.
- Provide Certification documentation for each design for reliability and testing purposes.
- Provide certification support for all projects throughout the product life once in Manufacture.
- Follow defined process, procedures and specifications.
- Ensure all safety regulations and statuary requirements are met at all times.
- Work to company-wide Processes and Work Instructions and ensuring AS9100 is understood and being adhered to at all times.
Qualifications, Experience and Essentials:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure in a busy environment.
- Ability to work with limited or missing information and proactively track down what is required to keep documentation moving.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and interact with staff members at all levels within the business.
- Meticulous attention to detail is essential.
- An excellent understanding of an Engineering Office Environment.
- Understanding of Engineering / Manufacturing environment.
- An excellent understanding on aircraft manufacturer's qualification standards and related standards.
- Must be computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Access.
- Must be highly proficient: Microsoft Word.
- Engineering Degree (BEng, MEng or equivalent) with hands on working experience in a related industry.
- Considered; HNC/HND or Apprenticeship background in an Engineering Product Design and Manufacturing environment with hands on working experience.
- Must have a driving license and be willing to travel if required.
Why Work for us:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, the ability to buy holidays, a cycle to work scheme & other great employee discount
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Closing Date: 05/01/2023