BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
About the Role
With a strong understanding of best practices and methodologies, UX Consultants are the primary end-user advocates who produce online experiences that engage even the most discerning audiences. They are research and data enthusiasts who consume large amounts of information and distil it into simple yet engaging and useful digital products and services to serve a wide variety of online experiences. Think research, persona creation, needs analysis, site maps, taxonomies, wireframes and prototypes.
The role of a User Experience (UX) Consultant is broad in that they can operate across several key phases of our User Centred Design (UCD) methodology from Discovery, Define and Design to Implementation, Test and Deploy.
Skills and Experience
• Conduct user research and requirements gathering, task and concept modelling, information architecture and UX design, and concept/usability testing.
• Design interactions using an iterative process, based on evidence from deep customer insight, and gathered through interviews, studies, analytics, usability testing and more.
• Create user experience specifications, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design patterns, interactive prototypes and information architecture assets such as site maps, screen flows and navigation models that demonstrate empathy with users.
• Work collaboratively with strategy, business analyst, visual design and technical development teams and manage UX and design work streams (including estimating resources, time and materials to define and complete their work).
• Be a subject matter expert and evangelist for a user-centred design methodology, contributing to cross-functional teams including software architects, account managers and other designers. Strong communicator of design rationale and project progress and a proactive contributor to ongoing improvements and enhancements of our methodologies.
• Support business development activities such as contributing expert UX input to pitches, proposals and client presentations as well as planning activities for projects and programmes of work.
• The user experience consultant is expected to be able to work either as part of a team under leadership from a manager, or be self sufficient on smaller projects (where it is only one UX consultant) with weekly direction from a manager.
• Good knowledge of accessibility compliance, SEO, personalisation, responsive design, assisted digital, search, ecommerce, online customer service and more
• Proficiency in relevant software packages Figma, Sketch, Framer, Just in Mind etc.
• Good understanding and use of software such as Google Analytics, Adobe Test & Target, etc.
• Excellent communication and team skills
• Good general understanding of web technologies
• Good understanding of Agile development and Lean UX
A competitive package consisting of a base salary, superannuation, bonus and generous company benefits including:
• private medical care
• lunch voucher
• multi-sport card
• social events
• cross company free share program
• life insurance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.