Test Engineer - Warminster Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK are part of Raytheon Technologies, one of the largest aerospace, intelligence services providers, and defence manufacturers in the world. We are seeking to expand our Defence development team which is focussed on the development and integration of strategic systems for the UK Defence market. These systems address a diverse range of military intelligence and planning needs, and focus on information integration, processing and visualisation in a geospatial context.
Raytheon follow a DevOps lifecycle approach and an Agile development methodology utilising SAFe and SCRUM as core methods. The role will serve both the Space and Intelligence business areas but will initially reside within the Information Exploitation section of the Mission Intelligence (MI) business unit. The holder of this role will need to possess or be capable of possessing SC clearance with an option to increasing to DV in support of future roadmap development.Main Duties:
Work as a Test Engineer within an Agile software delivery team, involved in deployments across different disciplines to add value to the business area.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.Role & Responsibilities:
- Apply development test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software delivery team, delivering test design, execution, debugging and automation
- Testing software in all phases of the development lifecycle from early concept demonstrators to the final product
- Define and manage test environments, including automated test frameworks; create and manage test data; define and manage test tools and scripts
- Review product requirements and software documentation for testability and to ensure the consistency with software features and performance
- Define, create and maintain test artefacts and other related documentation
- Integrate test automation into the deployment pipeline
- Support estimation of test activities
- Promote test automation and best practices within the team and across projects
Previous experience of working in an Agile delivery team and producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline.Desirable skills of interest
About Raytheon UK
- Proven track record of using scripted test automation to improve quality, consistency, and coverage within a software development environment
- Experience of test automation frameworks and tools such as Selenium (Nightwatch, Frameworkium), Cypress, Eggplant, PostMan, Cucumber, Robot
- Demonstrable knowledge of creating and managing test automation frameworks
- Experience in testing, and maintaining tests for web services
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Windows
- Experience of Mapping, Geolocation, Symbology and Geographic Information Systems
- DevOps or DevSecOps principles
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It's 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a 'Hybrid Working Model'*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we're committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women's Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We're also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM's Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign's 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a 'best place to work for LGBTQ Equality'.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.