Description Employer description:
Peel Ports Ltd is the second largest Port Group in the United Kingdom offering a range of career advancements with exposure to large breadth of technologies form Back Office systems to Industrial Control Systems.
They are more than just a series of ports, they are an integral part of their customer's supply chain. What sets them apart is the way they work with customers to extend and transform their supply chain, adding value at every touchpoint. Overview:
As the company has ambition growth plans and projects, they are looking for a Cyber Security Analyst apprentice to join the expanding company.
By joining the company, you will be part of an ambitious organisation who has invested over £1billion into key projects to future proof their business, creating 1000's of jobs for local communities along the way.
Currently seeking a passionate and energetic individual for a Cyber Security Analyst Apprenticeship to help protect the companies Critical National Infrastructure based in the Cyber Operations department.
The company is more than just a place to work. It's a career home to hundreds of talented people, working in scores of disciplines, across many different locations.
Do you want to help protect the UK's Critical National Infrastructure and Supply Chain?
Are you passionate about cyber security?
Then this could be the apprenticeship for you. Salary:
£18,000 per annum. Main responsibilities:
As an Apprentice Cyber Security Analyst, you will be required to:
- Work in conjunction with a team to ensure security best practises are being followed
- Monitor systems and networks via deployed security tools
- Monitor SEIM & other security tools, triaging & escalating where required
- Investigate and respond to security incidents working within the ITSM
- Conduct threat hunting based on intelligence provided
- Triage of phishing reports and security events reported to the Security Team
- Provide user awareness training
- Support security projects and enhancements
- Maintain and develop security operating procedures and documentation
- Creating & updating documentation
- Keen Interest in Cyber Security
- Understanding of Operating Systems, Networking and Web Technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisation skills and be willing to learn
- Strong analytical skills
- Passionate about security
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to research and learn independently
- High attention to detail with good problem-solving skills
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here:
The company offers a flexible/hybrid working environment where you can work up to 2 days a week from home.
All staff have access to a benefits portal which includes:
- Discounted Medical Care
- High street vouchers
- Gym membership
- iPad's and much more
On successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will be given the opportunity to undertake a fulltime role in the Cyber Team - with enhanced pay and benefits package. Important Information:
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.