BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.Senior Automation TesterAbout The Team
This is an excellent opportunity to work as an automation tester embedded within an agile development team. You will be supporting a large scale enterprise system with thousands of users worldwide; you will be ensuring its continuous high quality development through automation testing.
This is a chance to be a part of cutting edge development process incorporating integration with AWS cloud and modern CI/CD DevOps technologies and processes. We are looking for candidates who can work shift hours (5pm - 2am/2pm - 11pm) which will entitle the candidate to additional allowances.What You Will Be Doing
What We Are Looking For
- Understanding new functional requirements based on user stories and designing appropriate test cases
- Working with UK based stakeholders including external customers to understand new functionality to ensure appropriate test case design
- Creating automation tests primarily using Java based frameworks such as Selenium (UI) and Rest assured. (API)
- Debugging automation test failures and raising appropriate bug tickets where product failures detected
- Integrating test automation to CI/CD processes through tools such as Jenkins
- Working with developers to help retest failures and investigate root causes
- Mentoring junior developers in your team on their test design and automation test cases
What We Offer
- Someone with at least 6 years' experience working in a test role including test automation
- Someone familiar with the technical areas of the project such as Java, AWS, Docker, Linux
- Sound knowledge of testing theory and approaches, ISTQB certifications an advantage
- Demonstrate the ability to learn on the job, acquire new skills as required and put these to effective use.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written english communication skills.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 18 days annual leave a year
- You will be working shift patterns to allow for overlap with the UK timezone. You will have additional allowances for working these hours
- We support hybrid working and give flexibility to teams to decide on the balance between remote and office based working. This role is almost entirely based at home.
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private family medical cover, dental, optical & home office setup allowances. We also provide EPF contributions for both local and international staff
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- You'll be part of our annual bonus scheme
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.