Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for an Apprentice Accounting Technician to join the team in Leighton Buzzard:
- This is an 18 month fixed term contract to complete a Level 2 or Level 3 Apprenticeship, dependent on your previous experience;
- This role is part of the Shared Service team of 5 people, which supports the Leighton Buzzard site in the areas of general accounting, tax and audit. The role reports to a Senior General Accountant in the team, who will provide support and will act as your workplace mentor liaising with you and your college allocated workplace trainer to provide regular feedback on your development;
- There will be opportunities to work with the current apprentice to develop team working skills, and to share experience in successfully progressing through your technical apprenticeship studies; and
- There may be opportunities to move on to further apprenticeships within the Company on successful completion of this initial contract.
We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants. The role will be a hybrid role with some time spent working in the office, but also the opportunity to spend some time working from a remote location after your initial induction and training.Your Responsibilities
You will assist in the provision of general accounting support across the Leighton Buzzard site. The role will focus the following areas, with scope for further responsibility as experience and expertise develops:
Experience and Skills
- Preparation of monthly inter-co account reconciliations, including query investigation and resolution;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and resolution and correction of any issues identified;
- Review and posting of credit card expenditure, ensuring compliance with company policies;
- Assist with the calculation and posting of monthly accruals and prepayments;
- PO / AP / AR query resolution;
- Assist in the processing of inter-co recharges;
- Code contractor invoices for processing to the general ledger;
- Input costs for new parts to ERP system; and
- Posting general journals to general ledger;
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH MK COLLEGE
- Educated to at least A-Level standard, or equivalent;
- Level 3 Apprenticeship applicants would need to have successfully completed AAT Level 2;
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products - particularly Excel; and
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with others, both verbally and in writing.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors.
When you join our finance team, you're joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a Raytheon Technologies. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you'll be not only be advancing your career, you'll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
Our benefits package includes a competitive Apprentice base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility. Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.