Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer. We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
A vacancy has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our teams within our Plymouth Facility.
This position is required to support our existing business and enable future growth by providing support to new product development and current production programmes within the business.Key Responsibilities:
Highly Desirable Experience:
- Technical Team Lead throughout Project lifecycle - Product Entrepreneur
- Customer Technical focal - project, technical, change management
- Ensure projects delivered projects to schedule, cost & quality
- Providing inputs to planning, estimation and project management activities
- Technical support for Customer focused presentations, telecons, meetings and exhibitions
- Support to customer integration and trials activities
- Support to Bids and Proposals: resourcing and technical compliance
- Obtaining Customer requirements, generation of cardinal points specifications, solution development and compliance tracking
- The role may include travel to UK and foreign customer sites to support technical meetings, trials and programme reviews.
Desirable Experience includes at least some of the following:
- Previous experience of working in an Engineering role on sensor related product design and development to military, aerospace and commercial standards
- Experience of the product introduction lifecycle (concept definition to product launch)
- Leading multidisciplinary teams
- Project lead experience
- International collaboration, multi-cultural team-working
- Competent in technical report writing and presentations
- A team player and effective communicator
- Integration of systems, hardware or software with military or civil aircraft
- Able to interact at all technical levels with technical teams and/or project leaders
- Applicants to have a minimum of a 2.1 Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or a similar related discipline. In the absence of a degree, significant and relevant experience is required
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility. WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Employee and Family Assistance Programme
- Corporate Healthcare
- Annual Leave Buy / Sell
- Flexible working
- Career development opportunities
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again. Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.