Test Engineering is the gatekeeper to the quality of our deliveries to our customers around the world. Our systems support Governments and Customers around the World in helping them defend against cyber threats and so they must be able to rely on the quality of our products. The test engineer has the opportunity to work across the system lifecycle from test definition to customer acceptance and can directly influence the outcome of our projects.
The role interfaces both with our development teams (at sprint level to influence design discussions around testable and reusable code), project teams (at System Acceptance) and delivery functions (at User Acceptance).Essential skills and knowledge
Essential competencies and experience
- Experience of managing a group of testers
- Experience of creating Test Strategies and Plans
- Test Management software (preferred Zephyr, HP ALM )
- Convert Customer/Product Requirements to effective test/use cases
- Experience of system testing, preferably with some exposure to low level (i.e. non GUI) testing
- Experience of investigating root causes of discovered issues and providing corrective actions - either individually or in conjunction with the development team
- Ability to evaluate test results against customer requirements
- Defect Tracking and Knowledge Management software (preferred Atlassian JIRA and Confluence)
- Ability to create comprehensive test execution reports with metrics
- Promote test engineering within the company
Desirable competencies and experience
- ISTQB Foundation Qualification
- Knowledge of Testing Methodologies
- Experience in planning, estimating and designing system testing
- Test case design and execution to meet functional / use case requirements
- Upper intermediate English (ability to clearly communicate with English speakers in the workplace)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer facing skills
- ISTQB Advanced Qualification
- WebAPI testing and tools
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Security Check (minimum) clearance or the ability to gain it
- Flexible working options (project dependent)
- Competitive benefits package including pension, share incentives, private health care etc.
- Training and development opportunities
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.