We are currently seeking an experienced Program Manager
to join our facility in Winnersh, UK.
The function of this position is to direct and manage the activities between Collins Aerospace. and Subcontractors/Suppliers during the life cycle of a product/program/new initiative or co-production of products while ensuring compliance with Company/Government policies and procedures. The primary focus of this position is to obtain optimum product/services in terms of costs, quality and delivery, consistent with an approved business / procurement / subcontracting plan and Company/Government policies and procedures.
Skills in leadership, project/program management and communication are also required. This position is responsible for the overall planning, development and execution of existing contract with supplier to support the Company's goals, objectives, and expected financial results. This position will be expected to work independently and as a team leader in the management of third party. This includes providing leadership to the support teams for the planning and execution of the agreements, execution of Product Service Agreements and Statements of Work with the supplier, and managing all post-development matters. Job Responsibilities:
Competencies & Behaviours:
- Leads the subcontracting effort, which may include the 3rd Party Procurement Team, to establish the overall subcontract plan, proposal review criteria, analysis and evaluation of proposals.
- Acts as Business Advisor to internal customers; employs business acumen and experience to provide market knowledge, supply chain solutions, and proactive support to business units.
- Plans and leads negotiation with suppliers.
- Leads and conducts proposal preparation, and management of highly complex major subcontracts.
- Manages contract performance for conformance to original proposal.
- Briefs Senior Management as required, attends cadence reviews with suppliers and/or upper management.
- Responsible for all subcontract products and services on assigned program. This includes managing obsolete parts, production, and on-time delivery. May be responsible for product and service road map for future subcontracted product features/enhancements.
- May provide work leadership for less experienced employees.
- Makes supplier visits as required to ensure support of program and customer requirements and schedules.
- Serves as primary contact for customers. Charged with building and maintaining relationship with second level program management (Level 4 Programs Managers) and having cognisance over a portfolio of programs.
- Acts as official company and contracts management representative regarding legal requirements, customer specifications and government regulations.
- Searches out and investigates qualified suppliers and manufacturers.
- Develops new supply sources where needed.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Assignments are often self-directed with very little supervision.
- Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgement in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Possesses broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Serves as the prime spokesperson for the organisation on highly significant matter relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing programs which are of moderate risk or complexity or portions of larger programs.
- Responsible for execution of programs in excess of $50M (total program) with significant subcontract content that represents as much as 50% of the total program value or critical portions of the program.
- Strong technical knowledge aligned with commercial acumen.
- Makes active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than acting passively.
- Showing concerns for all aspects of the job, no matter how small; checking processes and tasks accurately.
- Able to be accountable for tasks and objectives assigned.
- Must be flexible, high energy and results driven with a can do attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree, relevant and demonstrable experience in a similar roleAbout us:
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer. We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Corporate healthcare
- Flexible working
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities. Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace, in accordance with our 'Baseline Security' requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.