Training Solution Architect
Location - Remote/occasional UK wide travel
Raytheon UK is looking for a learning professional with advanced experience in all aspects of the instructional design area. The Training Solution Architect
will utilise expertise in analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation to support the delivery of all aspects of the programme capability. The Training Solution Architect will report to the Training Equipment Manager and plays a key role in collaboratively working with other members of Raytheon UK, Vertex and members of the Fisher Training Consortium.Main Duties:
- Manage the delivery of all TNAs and where required whole ship TNAs
- Provides key data and detail to inform the project status to the Training Solution Lead, Programme Management and Customer
- Supports training solutions to meet the client needs utilising Architect™ methodology
- Support procurement activities through to solution delivery
- Manage the delivery of training devices, courseware and media development and ensure DSAT compliance
- Manage, coordinate and support all meetings and necessary tasks during the life of the programme
- Develop and conduct presentations and reports and discussions with customers at senior technical and managerial levels
- Participate in industry workshops and discussion groups as a representative of Raytheon to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and developments.
- Interact with customers' key stakeholders and SMEs
- Interact with internal development and engineering teams and delivery partners
- Lead training analysts, engineers and OEMs through the analysis and curriculum change process
- Coach and mentor analysts throughout all processes
- Research latest emerging technologies and learning practices
- Inform project plans to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements
- Manage and solve conflicts with clients, escalate where required
- Demonstrated advanced experience:
- Working within the DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training)
- process with emphasis in:
- Curriculum Analysis, Design and Development
- Managing projects
- Utilising a consultative approach (customer relationship skills)
- Presenting to management and senior leaders
- Writing and communication skills
- Using the MS Office suite with emphasis on Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working with:
- Blended learning programs
- Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Valid driving licence
- Eligible for or holder of SC security clearance (Raytheon will sponsor)
- Working knowledge and understanding of ADDIE cycle
- eLearning development
- Graphics development applications
- Strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Passionate about staying on the cutting edge of adult learning practices
About Raytheon UK
- Demonstrate qualification or practical experience in Instructional Systems Design, Human Performance Technology, Adult Education and Training, Human Factors Engineering, Industrial/Process Engineering or related area.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It's 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a 'Hybrid Working Model'*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we're committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women's Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We're also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM's Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign's 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a 'best place to work for LGBTQ Equality'.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.