Job Title: Java Software Developer Graduate Development Programme (GDP)Role Type: PermanentStart Date: August/September 2023 (there may be an opportunity to start earlier depending on role requirements)Salary: £29,500 + £3,000 joining bonus + twice yearly pay reviews in 1st 2 years while completing the Graduate Development Programme.Location(s):
Warminster / Hybrid (Up to 1 day per week onsite)Travel: Graduates will be invited to UK events for GDP and there may be travel for the role as required by the businessSecurity Clearance Required: Successful candidates will be required to complete an SC security clearance applicationSummary of Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Java Software Developer Engineering Graduate, within the Information Exploitation section of the Mission Intelligence (MI) business unit. We operate an Agile/Scrum methodology, and you will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. You will receive training, both formal and on-the-job from experienced engineers to help you become a well-rounded professional.Main Duties:
To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems.
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements.
- Document designs and advise on product support material.
- Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer issues.
- Contribute to the innovation of new products and services for our customer base.
- Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure developed products meet Raytheon quality standards.
What is the Graduate Development Programme (GDP)?The Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is a structured training programme our class of graduates on the GDP complete over the course of 2 years in addition to their main role. We work in collaboration with an external supplier, HR and functional experts to deliver a range of training from improving business skills e.g. managing projects, business strategy, company presentation skills etc to team building activities, attending events and developing professional networking skills.Candidate Requirements:Essential:
- Be involved in, committed to, and part of the continuous improvement of software applications and systems.
- Willing to undergo the highest level of security clearance (Developed Vetting).
- 2:2 undergraduate degree
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent (pre university qualifications)
- A full CV submitted on-line on our careers website with degree grade predicted or achieved listed. Include degree studied, modules studied, work placements and work experience on the CV including dates and locations. Please ensure your application includes full name, address, email address and telephone number as successful candidates will be contacted to discuss their application and next steps. Candidates will also receive updates on their application by email.
- A cover letter which explains why you have applied specifically for this role and why you would like to join our Graduate Development Programme. Please highlight any relevant skills, experience, work experience, work placements and extra-curricular activities that are relevant to your application.
- Attach a scanned copy of most recent university transcript or degree certificate as applicable under "Attachments" on your on-line application.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete an SC security clearance application
Skills in one or more of the following:
About Raytheon UK
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, Ruby
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot
- Experience with high performance distributed systems, including virtualization (VMWare)
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It's 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a 'Hybrid Working Model'*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we're committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women's Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We're also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM's Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign's 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a 'best place to work for LGBTQ Equality'.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.