We are currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our teams at HS Marston.Position summary:
The role of the Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be to support production continuity by carrying out both planned and reactive maintenance tasks with an electrical bias. Work will be allocated through the Agility CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) and associated mobile application by the Site Facilities Engineer.
The successful candidate should have a strong sense of ownership for their work and take pride in what they do.The applicant must possess the necessary enthusiasm, drive and desire to succeed and the discipline to achieve significant results for the department and the organisation.Key Responsibilities:
- To help ensure all employees are adhering to Company Health & Safety and Environmental policies.
- Assist with real time problem resolution and troubleshooting issues as they arise without the direction of management.
- Must be an excellent team player with the ability to work alone when required.
- Must be confident in communicating with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- The Maintenance Engineer will be required to work shifts to support the ongoing growth off the company and sometimes carry out tasks outside of their normal reemit and working hours, so flexibility is essential.
- As part of the maintenance team you will be responsible for maintaining TPM records within the department whilst driving continuous improvement to processes and working practice.
- Manage adherence to TPM activity, plan to minimise downtime
- Manage your work requisitions through the CMMS and report effectively on progress to the Facilities engineer.
- Be able to communicate effectively with suppliers to source required parts and materials.
- Leverage the CORE operating system to maintain clean, organized and professional working practices.
- Be able to fault find on a range of industrial equipment including CNC machines, Solvent cleaning machines, welding equipment, 3-phase motorsand controls, safety control circuits at 12v/24v DC and 110v/ 230v AC, electric heating systems in process lines, PLC experience preferred but not essential.
- Be able to read electrical schematic drawings.
- Be competent at electrical installation in an industrial environment on LV systems at 230v and 400v AC. Installation work will involve ladder racking, cable tray, lighting trunking, machine controls such as DOL start/stop units, SWA cabling and also CAT5 data point installation.
- Be able to test electrical installation work.
- IPAF and FLT license's beneficial but not essential.
- Apprentice trained City & Guilds or equivalent / time served experience with proven industry experience leadership skills (advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation Skills
- IT literate
Power & Controls: We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy.
Our Wolverhampton, Wobaston Road facility provides a wide range of heat transfer and fluids management products and services for the military and commercial aerospace markets, motorsport and electronics industries. Join us as we take flight!
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Ability to buy and sell holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A flexible benefits programme where you can select a number of additional benefits - Critical Illness, Travel Insurance etc.
- Discounts with a number of major retailers
- A fantastic pension scheme which operates a double match up to 10%
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility. Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
This position may involve access to export controlled information and hardware where an export license would be required for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Employment will be subject to satisfactory security checks, export license approval, and if required, completion of a non-disclosure agreement.