Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Test Engineer to join the team in Leighton Buzzard.
The Test Engineer team will consist of 3 people, reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering and test Manager. The Test Engineer team offers development opportunities with future growth into a possible lead role within the department or an internal move to other areas of the Engineering function.
We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants. However, most of the role will require you to work onsite at Leighton buzzard, there could be times when working from home could be considered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with all departments to ensure that all equipment and components are available to execute the testing plan on time
- Preparing the test set-up for galley certifications as per the test plans and drawings
- Conducting testing as per approved test plans
- To assist in the design and manufacture of bespoke test equipment and materials
- Ensures all equipment used is calibrated and ensures calibration is undertaken in a timely manner to maintain test schedules
- Can accurately manage tasks ensuring that targets and plans are met within the timescales set
- Working in adherence to all of the company Health & Safety Policies across the shop floor
- Implement visual management best practice with departmental KPIs with improvement targets
- Implement 5S
Your experience and skills
- Able to read, understand and interpret engineering information
- Effective communicator at all levels both verbal and written
- Previous experience in a test development facility (Not essential)
- Continuous Improvement and 5S Mind-set
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.Interiors:
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Engineering & Technology:
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.