An excellent opportunity has arisen to join an expanding team in the Electronic Controls and Motor Systems Centre of excellence Group within Collins Aerospace as an Electronics Engineer. This is a hybrid working role (on-site / remote).
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of electronics design engineers and based within a new state-of the-art electronics design and development facility, the Electronics Engineer will be working on a range of commercial and military aerospace design tasks, spanning a range of complexities, time-scales and budgets.
The ideal candidate will have embedded control design experience within the automotive, telecoms, or industrial sectors. Consideration will also be given to those from aerospace, medical or related safety critical backgrounds. You will be qualified to degree level within electronics or a closely related subject. In the absence of a degree, equivalent qualifications and experience will be considered.
The role will require involvement in both technology and new aerospace product design. The candidate will provide technical expertise in the development life cycle of the equipment to ensure that product meets the internal, customer and certification requirements whilst providing effective guidance and direction to the various members of the design team.Preferred Technical Capabilities:
- Experience of embedded controller electronic design using FPGA/Processor/Micro-Controllers
- Experience of design analysis for embedded controller hardware development
- Experience of de-bugging embedded controller hardware
- Competent with requirements management, circuit simulation and design tools, for example DOORS and similar, (requirements) SPICE based or Saber, SiMetrix, EWB, TINA, Mathcad, MATLAB & Simulink, Xilinx
- Experience of designing for communication protocols, for example CAN, ARINC & AFDX
- Designing precision analogue and digital electronics circuits, for example, LVDTs, Resolvers, Temperature and Pressure Sensors, Solenoids & other PWM circuits
- Good understanding of PCB layout and design for signal integrity and EMC
- DFM, DFT & designing to cost
- Generating and reviewing design specifications and requirements
- Design verification, generation of test specification and reports
- Good technical authoring skills
- Demonstrable Time Management skills
- A proactive style, team spirit, high energy level, and positive outlook
- Competent with PCB design, schematic capture, and circuit simulation tools
Why work for Collins Aerospace?
- Cost and time estimation
- Managing project delivery
- Good team working capability
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Mentor Graphics, Cadence design tools or similar
- Knowledge of programming languages ie VHDL, Python and C could be advantageous
- Competent with PCB design and schematic capture for example, Mentor Graphics or Cadence
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high-quality products we design, test and produce help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service.
Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come.We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities.Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace, in accordance with our 'Baseline Security' requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency