This is a key leadership role within the Actuation Systems Wolverhampton facility. The Value Stream Director has the responsibility, accountability and authority for the profit and loss and resources needed in order to achieve Value Stream profitability in the least waste way.Key Accountabilities:
- Accountable and responsible for Value Stream profitability
- Delivery of Operational, Programme and Engineering objectives for the Value Stream to or ahead of plan managing and mitigating all risks to the business
- Exhibit leadership behaviours that support Operation Excellence
- Own the Customer relationship for all current and future programmes within the Value Stream
- Develop a strategy for the Value Stream aligned with the Collins Actuation Systems Strategic Plan; including business policy deployment
- Establish target conditions for improvement supported by measurable driver measures
- Identifying and implementing Continuous Improvement ideas and methodology
- Improve Value Stream performance by executing lean manufacturing initiatives such as Kanban, SIOP, 5S, and Kaizen while maintaining focus on Quality improvements.
- To create and maintain an environment that encourages and supports change while maintaining compliance and protecting the business
- Ensure contractual compliance with external agencies, customer requirements and supplier contracts, applying sound business principles within the Value Stream
- Support Business Development activity in line with delivering the Value Stream strategy
- Develop a culture of teamwork and accountability both within the Value Stream and with all the business interfaces, leading and motivating the team through the development and performance management of employees
- Engineering degree with exstensive experience in operations and program management and either product or manufacturing engineering.
- Demonstrated track record of high performance standards used to deliver committed objectives
- A track record demonstrating significant progression in management; in a senior level role with direct P&L responsibility.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplined teams including ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Committed to employee development with strong man management skills
- Experience of change control and governance from within the Aerospace sector
- Reliable and accountable, with a flexible approach to work, that ensures deliverables are met within the defined timescales
- A good understanding of problem solving techniques and their application to resolve production quality issues
- Knowledge of Lean principles and applied practice, coupled with a desire to continuously improve operational performance
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the business
- Strong IT skills and their application across a number of platforms
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme which operates a double match.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.