BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems specialises in collecting, managing and exploiting information to reveal actionable intelligence. We use this capability to help government and commercial clients reveal intelligence, maintain security and strengthen resilience in today's complex operating environment. We also use our skills to assist clients with other information-intensive problems such as achieving regulatory compliance and understanding customer behaviour.
We are currently seeking a professional and experienced Executive Assistant & Office Manager to provide support to multiple resources within the Australian business. This exciting opportunity will see you managing all the traditional PA duties while also working with key personnel within the business unit to ensure business objectives are achieved efficiently.
This is a great opportunity for a driven and creative individual who wants to broaden their skill-set beyond the traditional PA tasks. Involvement in projects, engaging with senior leaders, and taking the lead in resolving work-flow issues within the team, will be part of your role.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Proactive diary management and scheduling of two managers
- Supporting other members of the local leadership team when required
- Inbox control including responding to correspondence, email prioritisation and flagging important items for critical review
- Ensuring LT managers are equipped with all documentary information and briefed before meetings and managing information flow.
- The provision of timely, unbiased and evidenced advice to the GM & CoS if requested, acting as a "sounding board" to provide alternate point of view.
- Maintain professionalism, integrity and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- GM Weekly/Leadership Team weekly meetings, preparation of slides, minutes & actions
- Develop and cultivate collaborative relationships with peers, members of the LT Team and external partners
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support to the GM, CoS & LT; coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow
- Developing and supporting the implementation of AI strategy & initiatives
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the GM's priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
- Receive, acknowledge and process all invitations for LT including key stakeholder engagements
- Arranging quarterly PERF performance reviews with my managers' direct reports.
- Printing, arranging GM & Director's signature and returning contracts / NDA documents
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Manage communication between upper management and employees, liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks
- Delivering well-prepared PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents that convey valuable information
- Coordination of periodic reporting by sourcing relevant information from systems and engaging with other teams
- Assisting with timely and correct delegation of tasks
- Stakeholder engagement to ensure strong relationships are built and maintained both internally and externally. Liaising with BAESA PA staff.
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, working with CTM agents. Booking hire cars, airport transfers, hotels, arranging visas. Ensuring relevant security briefings are done for international travel, paperwork submitted etc
- Expense management - reconciling up to five AMEX credit cards monthly
- Organising events & catering when required including client meeting or team events including Social Club and staff rewards
- Ordering office stationary supplies and groceries and ad hoc items as needed
- Maintaining onsite car parking register
- Monthly workplace safety inspections for SiteOps including fire system inspections
- IT requests for staff members, following up on common IT issues that affect everyone and acting as DXC liaison
- Building related Site Ops tasks such as dealing with air conditioning/heating issues and staff access fobs
- Room bookings for staff, room set up, ordering catering for client meetings & tidying rooms afterwards
- Collecting & distributing mail from office mailbox held at Post Office nearby
- Updating Team Sharepoint folders & Concur Team Site when required
- Managing group distribution lists such as Canberra Offices - All; AuGovLT; AllAuGovNS
- Management of service providers such as PSG builders, site access etc
- Management of visitors - SiteOps requests me to escort them
- Facility maintenance and defect repairs. I am POC for these requests and organise them. Maintain an office setup that optimizes workflow.
- SHE requirements (emergency, safety, first aid) including Fire Warden & First Aider.
- On site POC for BAESA for all non-security related issues
- Canberra office POC for deliveries including IT equipment
- Providing support and encouragement for company best practice & regulations
- Variety of additonal ad-hoc administrative tasks
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.