We are looking for business analyst for our International Government projects and product development.
The role is to work closely with internal and external clients to investigate business situations, and then identify and evaluate options for improvements to systems and operations. The business analyst should apply appropriate techniques (requirements management, process improvement, functional analysis, etc) to define, manage and support implementation of effective solutions to business issues.
You will join the multicultural global team, helping us shaping our product family roadmap.Key Responsibilities
- Leads and mentor the team of Buisness Analysts
- Leads the client engagement for specific areas of work
- Ability to plan and facilitate effective workshops
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
- Effectively plan and manage the requirements process from capture through to change control
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration
- Identifies potential benefits, and available options for consideration
- Works with clients/users in defining acceptance tests
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity
- Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements
- Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence
- Manages requests for and the application of changes to baselined requirements
- Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position
- Drives the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required
- Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to programme scope.
- Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience within the IT industry in a BA client-facing role.
- Client-facing experience is essential including delivering presentations and product demonstrations, running workshops and managing client's expectations
- Experience of delivering complex business or technology solutions, from gathering requirements to designing solutions
About our team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to communicate confidently and effectively at any level of the organisation.
- An understanding of compliance processes and workflows within the financial services industry advantageous
- Experience of software development lifecycle practices (preferably Agile)
- Good knowledge of IT systems, architectures and terminology
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills
- Any Business Analysis framework certifications would be a plus
You'll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance and are open on flexible working. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We'll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it.More about BAE Systems
You will work for a division of BAE Systems who helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We're a consultancy and products business and employ smart, motivated individuals who work together across a range of projects and products. You'll get to work on a variety of different systems for different customers throughout your career with us. We're passionate about Diversity and Inclusion in our workforce and the people you'll work with will reflect this. We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
For more information please visit our website: https://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/solutions/by-industry/national-security-and-law-enforcementHelp us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired.Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.