Level 3 Cyber Security Practices Fully funded bootcamp by Liverpool Region Combined Authority
- netcom training
- Liverpool, Merseyside
- Closing date
- 30 Jun 2023
- IT, Training
- Job Role
- Apprentice, Graduate, Junior
- Job Type
- Fixed Term Contract
The course aims to assist students in having a better grasp of current information and system security technology practices, learning the security measures and protections while also preparing them for the real-world cyber security job market.
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security involves techniques that help secure various digital components, networks, data, computer systems from non-authorized digital access.
What new skills will you acquire in Cyber Security?
- Learners will gain an understanding of cyber security and the consequences and implications of
- inadequate cyber security.
- You will understand threat models and the effects of malicious software
- Learners will gain an understanding of common types of testing in cyber security including
- mitigations following testing
- Learners will gain an understanding of the legislation surrounding cyber security.
What new career opportunities does this course provide?
- Completing the course leads you to many possibilities, you will be able to enter the cyber industry with the knowledge, skills, and understanding needed for roles such as:
- Junior Security Software Developer
- Junior Cyber Security Analyst
- Junior Penetration Tester
- Junior Cyber Network Engineer
- Key Information
- Start date: 16th January 2023
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Course type: Part-time
- Timetable: Monday to Thursday, 6.00 pm to 9.00pm
- Delivery: Online (tutor-led classes)
- Level: 3
- Funding: FREE as it is funded by Liverpool Combined Authority
- Certificates: NCFE Level 3 Certificate
- – Live in Liverpool
- – Living in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
- – You must be over 19
- – Level 2 English and Maths required or studying towards
- Career Advice
- Student and Tutor Support
- By completing the course, you will have access to many opportunities. Having the knowledge and skills will enable you to enter the cyber industry.
- Unit 01: Understand cyber security principles
- Understand cyber security
- Understand core terminology and key aspects of cyber security
- Understand security by design principles
- Unit 02: Threat intelligence in cyber security
- Understand cyber threat intelligences
- Understand threat models
- Understand malicious software
- Know about social engineering
- Unit 03: Cyber security testing, vulnerabilities and controls
- Understand common types of testing in cyber security
- Be able to reduce or remove potential cyber security vulnerabilities
- Understand controls in cyber security
- Be able to apply a cyber security control
- Unit 04: Cyber security incident response
- Understand what is meant by a cyber security incident response plan
- Be able to develop a cyber security incident response plan
- Be able to develop an incident post mortem report
- Unit 05: Understand legislation and ethical conduct within cyber security
- Understand legislation relating to cyber security
- Understand information security standards
- Understand ethical conduct within cyber security
- Unit 06: Professional skills and behaviors for cyber security
- Understand behaviours required for a career in cyber security
- Be able to identify skills required for a career in cyber security
- Understand the importance of continuous professional development
As one of the leading I.T Training provider with over 10+ years’ experience in delivering professional qualifications, we have helped thousands of people gain new skills and transform their lives.
Furthermore, we understand the position within the industry you want, and credentials required. That’s why we keep up to date with certifications and the requirements of employers.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert