AWS re/Start Skills Bootcamp Fully Funded by West Midlands Combined Authority
- netcom training
- West Midlands Region
- Closing date
- 30 Jun 2023
- IT, Training
- Job Role
- Apprentice, Graduate, Junior
- Job Type
- Fixed Term Contract
This course aims to equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively utilise Amazon Web Services in their professional endeavors.
What is AWS re/Start?
AWS re/Start is a free, full-time skills development program to jump-start your career working in cloud computing. A technology background is not required to apply and the program is focused on unemployed and underemployed individuals.
What new skills will you acquire in this course?
Students will gain the understanding and apply specific measures of AWS needed for corporations and individuals:
- Adaptive Communication
- Time Management
- Resume Building
- Cloud Computing Skills
What career opportunities does this course provide?
Completing the course leads you to many possibilities, you will be able to enter the Cloud Computing industry with the knowledge, skills, and understanding needed for roles such as:
- Junior Cloud Engineer
- AWS Consultant
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
Start date: 16th January 2023
Duration: 12 Weeks
Course type: Full-time
Timetable: Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
Delivery: Online (tutor-led classes)
Funding: FREE as it is funded by West Midlands Combined Authority
Certificates: AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification
– Live in West Midlands or surrounding areas
– Living in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
– You must be over 19
– Level 2 English and Maths required or studying towards
- Career Advice
- Student and Tutor Support
By completing the course, you will have access to many opportunities. Having the knowledge and skills will enable you to enter the Cloud Computing industry.
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system, scripting, automation, and programming languages focused on Python
- Understanding of networking concepts, protocols, security best practices particularly as related to their cloud deployment
- Knowledge of security fundamentals such as authentication, authorization, shared responsibility model and firewalls
- Fundamental understanding of databases technologies
- Application of AWS Core Services in the area of compute, storage and networking, including EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Lambda, Cloud Formation, RDS, and Route 53
- Understanding of professional skills for a technology working environment, including communication skills, collaboration tools, project management, presentation skills, and project reporting
As one of the leading I.T Training provider with over 10+ years’ experience in delivering professional qualifications, we have helped thousands of people gain new skills and transform their lives.
Furthermore, we understand the position within the industry you want, and credentials required. That’s why we keep up to date with certifications and the requirements of employers.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert