SC Cleared Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Public Sector Resourcing (PSR)
- Hybrid - London/Bristol/Manchester
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Government, IT, Public Sector
- Job Role
- Intelligence, Risk Analyst, Security Analyst, Threat Management
- Job Type
Threat Intelligence Analyst Inside IR35
Contract Term: 12 months
Contracting Authority: Cabinet Office
Location: Hybrid – London, Manchester or Bristol – in office 1 day per week
The Cabinet Office supports the Prime Minister and ensures the effective running of government. The Cabinet Office is also the corporate headquarters for the government, in partnership with HM Treasury, and takes the lead in certain critical policy areas. More information about the Cabinet Office can be found on its website at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/cabinet-office.
The Cabinet Office is undergoing a significant digital transformation. Over the next three years we aspire to make UK Government digital services the best in the world, meeting or exceeding the benchmark set globally by the best public or private sector standards. For us to meet this ambition we are aiming to further improve the conditions, processes and expertise we have in place to be set up for success.
To support these ambitions we have established a new Cabinet Office Digital directorate for the Cabinet Office to build on existing strengths. The directorate has approximately 350 staff and is growing to meet the demands of the department, and to provide a wider and more mature range of digital, data, technology and security services.
Cyber Security is part of Cabinet Office Digital, and our purpose is to secure the department against cyber threats. We protect the department’s internal IT infrastructure, and high-profile citizen-facing digital services such as GOV.UK.
The Cyber Defence team delivers cyber threat intelligence, threat detection, incident response and vulnerability management capabilities for the Cabinet Office, and is responsible for defending both internal IT infrastructure and citizen-facing services. As a threat intelligence analyst you’ll help us to identify and understand the cyber threats facing the organisation, and will provide decision makers and technical teams with actionable information needed to help them to effectively secure their services. You’ll also work closely alongside the Cyber Security team, to provide insights on the real-world threat and input to threat modelling, security reviews, red teams, alert/vulnerability triage and investigation, and incident response.
As a Threat Intelligence Analyst, your main responsibilities would be:
• Build relationships and work with stakeholders from within Cyber Security and the wider organisation to define standing intelligence requirements
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of the cyber threats facing the Cabinet Office and the IT and digital services that it delivers
• Coordinate the implementation, and manage the operation of, threat intelligence tools and platforms
• Deliver reporting and briefings at strategic, tactical and operational levels, providing actionable and timely insights on relevant cyber threats using robust analytical methodologies
• Support threat detection and incident response activities with research and analysis
• Build relationships and work with with other government departments and the National Technical Authorities to share intelligence
• Enable the wider organisation to use threat intelligence for informed decision making
• Cyber incidents can and do arise on a 24/7 basis. The team operates an out-of-hours on call rota, which you will be expected to join.
You’ll have relevant experience in:
• SC Clearance is an essential requirement for this role, as a minimum you must be eligible and willing to undergo these checks
• In-depth knowledge of the current tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) used by threat actors and experience using frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK
• Proactively investigating, analysing, managing and resolving threats
• Using structured analytical techniques
• Communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex topics simply
• An interest in politics, international relations and/or international security, and an understanding of how trends or changes in this impact an organisation’s threat profile
• Active SC Clearance
• Experience with Splunk
• Experience with cloud environments such as AWS
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply or email email@example.com
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert