Vanquis Banking Group has a rich history dating back to 1880. The company was founded in Bradford by Joshua Kelley Waddilove as The Provident Clothing and Supply Company to help people access finance and goods who couldn't from traditional lenders.
Today, Vanquis Banking Group is a FTSE All Share company listed on the London Stock Exchange with around 1.6 million customers and plays the same role in people's lives today, as it did when it was founded.
Vanquis Banking Group is a unified group made up of two brands: Vanquis (cards and loans) and Moneybarn (vehicle finance). While they offer different products and services, they share the common purpose and customer–centric values at the heart of our group. We understand our customers are real people with varied life experiences, so everything we do from our products to our customer experience is designed with this in mind.
You and Your Team
As a Principal Security Incident Response Specialist, you will lead the Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) and be responsible for all security incidents, operational, tactical, and strategic threat intelligence initiatives and key driver of the continual growth and maturity of the team.
As the Security Incident response team move toward the new group operating model, you will play a key role in suggesting and implementing new ways of working as well as driving innovative ideas to improve security across the group. This is a unique opportunity to design and implement a great service that you can lead and own.
We also offer fantastic Microsoft training facilities as well as third–party lab environments to help support your development and hone your security incident response skills.
Hybrid working is available in this role. We ask that you attend the office 1–2 days per week.
This role could be based in any of our four locations; Bradford, London, Petersfield or Chatham.
About the Role
In your day–to–day role, as a Principal Security Incident Response Specialist you will:
- Own Security Incident Management processes and procedures to support business policies and operations.
- Lead and manage Security Incidents to a resolution and retrospectively implement improvements.
- Ensure regular KPIs are reported on and presented to senior management and identify areas for improvement and make recommendations accordingly.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders and system owners in the management, ownership, and treatment of information security risks within the business.
- Manage relationships with third–party security partners to define, mature and improve services provided to the business.
- Define, develop, and maintain operational checks to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Groups information assets is maintained and in–line with compliance and regulation.
- Lead tactical and strategic threat intelligence initiatives to provide accurate and informative information to business stakeholders to assist decision making and business direction.
What you will bring to the team:
- You will be personable, enthusiastic and passionate about interacting with customers and colleagues alike and great at building relationships with stakeholders.
- You will have previous experience of working within the IT Security Incident industry.
- Able to communicate technical information to non–technical stakeholders.
- Should be working towards or have one or several the following certifications, or have experience working in a similar role:
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- IT expertise coupled with understanding of financial services and impacting laws and regulations.
- Any recognised IT, support or incident management / incident management framework qualifications or experience is desirable.
Why join Vanquis Banking Group?
Vanquis was established in 2003, offering a credit card designed to help customers improve their credit score. In 2016, Vanquis introduced personal loans to give customers additional opportunities on their credit–building journeys. Vanquis brings together our lengthy history in the financial sector with modern money management through its online and app–based accounts.
Our colleagues are the most important part of delivering our purpose to put customers on a path to a better everyday life. If it wasn't for their amazing efforts, ideas and energy we wouldn't be the successful business that we are today.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Hybrid working considered
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service (in addition to bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme with matched company contributions up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Opportunity to grow, develop and learn
- Colleague Perks at Work discount platform
- Season ticket loan
- One paid day to give back to local communities or chosen charity
We strive to constantly improve the way we look after our people and have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves. We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way to helping us live our purpose and defines why we are here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, they are given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. We have also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.