Your new company
Our client has now worked closely across defence for over 11 years. They have grown year-on-year with both the UK Ministry of Defence and the broader defence sector. They have gained a breadth of experience solving a variety of through-life acquisition and support management issues, while continuously enhancing our own services to meet the demands of Defence. Their services are underpinned by key web-enabled solutions, configurable to meet most acquisition and support situations: their solutions include Resolve Issue Management, Derive Requirements Management, Approve & Foresight financial planning, budgeting and approvals, DaRT Damage and Repair Tracker and Post-Sortie Database Mission Feedback.
Their embedded personnel and web-enabled solutions align people, processes and information, to bring better value for money, workflow efficiency and watertight compliance to our customers. The aim is to enable the effective and efficient delivery of military capability by teaming and working collaboratively to maintain and streamline through-life acquisition and support issues. Their knowledge and expertise comes from within; a team comprised of both ex-military personnel and technology industry leaders with a wealth of experience across the company from the defence sector. They have a first-hand understanding from having been in the customers' shoes. They are a Cyber Essentials accredited company certified to ISO27001:2013 and ISO 9001:2015 and a supplier on both the Crown Commercial Services G-Cloud and Digital Outcomes and Specialists frameworks. Your new role
As an analyst you will focus on ascertaining an in-depth understanding of customer requirements and demonstrate effective management of assignments to deliver on time and on budget. On each assignment you will elicit the requirements, typically in workshops at customer locations, and be responsible for obtaining customer approval. You will actively review the domain, agree a suitable strategy, and prepare for all customer engagement.
You will document the user and business requirements to company standard and communicate the requirements to delivery and technical colleagues accurately with user requirements documentation and concept of operations.
As this role requires regular visits to customer sites, you must be comfortable travelling unaccompanied to locations within the UK. You should also feel confident and competent in user workshops by exercising a tried and tested playbook for elicitation from all stakeholder levels. What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Recognised Business Analyst qualification
- Excellent soft skills such as communication, presentation and negotiation
- Be willing and enthusiastic to present and advocate novel technical solutions at customer sites
- Experience in delivering software using various software methodologies, particularly Agile and Waterfall
- Experience in creating UML, BPMN 2.0 models and diagrams, particularly conceptual domain models, activity diagrams, and use case diagrams.
- Experience in developing and documenting requirements, with acceptance tests, and providing supporting artefacts like wireframes and data dictionaries
- Possess a thorough and enthusiastic approach to stakeholder management, being proactive in preparing for all engagement with users, subject-matter experts, owners, and sponsors o Logical in approach, and adaptable to the style and quantity of analysis required, based on available time, resources, and value
- Collaborate in a professional, friendly and attentive manner at all stages of the software development lifecycle, particularly with clients and specialist staff
- Approachable and consistent in wanting to share knowledge o Able to work autonomously and be self-motivated, with a positive attitude and an adaptable approach
- Must be able to achieve Security Clearance (SC) status (been resident in the UK the past 5 years)
- Will ONLY consider applicants with a background in either Defence, Aviation or Aerospace
You will be rewarded with a competitive base salary and a lifestyle-focused benefits package. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a fast-growing SME Headquartered in Brighton that has rapid expansion plans and is working with industry leading clients. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.