We are currently collaborating with an international bank in search of an Executive Director of Technology Risk. This role aims to enhance the second line of defence for technology risk. The role will focus on a specific business area, involving crucial tasks that align with the Risk Type Framework.
This role sits in the broader Group Operational Risk Function, which oversees various non-financial risk categories. The Group Operational Risk operates under the leadership of the Chief Risk Officer within the bank's Risk Function.
- Conduct thorough reviews and challenges of Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA) relevant to Technology Risk.
- Analyse Operational Risk Events related to technology incidents and oversee significant instances of financial loss.
- Assess and approve Change Risk Assessments and Go Lives for initiatives driven by the Technology function.
- Provide guidance and advice to Operational Risk peers involved in similar assessments across diverse business lines and functions characterised by substantial technology risk.
- Perform thematic second line assurance reviews to strengthen the assurance of Technology Policy.
- Possess more than 15 years of experience within financial institutions or heavily regulated technology-dependent industries.
- Have previous engagement in technology risk roles (First or Second Line).
- Hold Professional Certifications relevant to technology risk (e.g., CRISC, CGEIT, CISA, CISM).
- Demonstrate familiarity with contemporary and emerging technology practices, with a commitment to staying updated with industry advancements.
- Exhibit proficiency in adopting a risk-based approach, with the ability to prioritise critical risks and make informed judgments in differentiating between autonomous actions and matters necessitating escalation.