Recruiter: Natilla Turner Executive Assistant (EA)
Location: London (Hybrid Working - 3 days in the office, 2 remote)
Join Us in Shaping Tomorrow's EA Landscape at BT!
At BT, we're not just a telecommunications company. We're a force for good, a hub of innovation, and a place where purpose and technology converge. With a rich heritage as industry pioneers spanning 180 years, we've been connecting the world. Today, we stand as a symbol of progress and excellence, a brand synonymous with impact. Why Choose Networks & Digital?
Our Digital unit leads BT's digital transformation, dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experiences and creating innovative products and services. We focus on digital innovation, platform delivery, and product development, unwaveringly committed to our customers. Whether it's crafting services like connected care solutions for tracking well-being or security apps to protect against cyber threats, Digital spearheads BT's digital transformation, driving service innovation at scale to meet our customers' needs.
Our Networks unit is the core of BT, an essential force ensuring everything runs smoothly. While our customers don't need to think about it, our team constantly focuses on it. Our network empowers BT to connect for the greater good. We build more than just an impressive physical network; we assemble a team of the world's leading communications technology experts. Our people not only solve problems; they envision and create the future. Our ambition is to become the world's most trusted connector of people, devices, and machines. What We Offer
Your growth is our priority. With BT Group, you'll unlock unparalleled personal development. We offer abundant opportunities for learning, exploration, and new career avenues. As you evolve, so do we. Be Part of Our Future
Contribute your skills, expertise, and passion to a team shaping the digital landscape and fostering an inclusive tomorrow. Your Experience: What We Value
This role offers a unique opportunity to provide support to two Chief Financial Officers within our Networks and Digital units at BT. As an Executive Assistant (EA), your responsibilities involve overseeing the daily operations of both offices. Understanding and agreeing on the level of service and outcomes required to support each leader is crucial. Effective two-way communication and stakeholder management are essential.
The successful EA will be resourceful, innovative, and accountable for a wide range of secretarial and administrative duties.
You should be capable of working with minimal instruction, anticipating needs, and taking the initiative without prompting. The role demands the ability to work autonomously and seamlessly, adapting to a changing and challenging environment. Multitasking between two busy workloads is essential to support the CFOs effectively.
Going above and beyond to achieve results, along with a proactive and common-sense approach, is imperative. The diary management aspect of the role can constitute as much as 80% of your workload. Building a strong partnership with the CFOs is paramount to understanding their workstyles and aligning priorities to ensure tasks occur at the right time and in the right order.
Continuous improvement, pioneering change, and collaborative work with peers and leaders are vital aspects of the role. Diplomacy and discretion when handling sensitive strategic, commercial, and personnel matters are of utmost importance. Key Responsibilities
In this role, you will be at the center of vital activities, including:
What's in it for you? What are the benefits?
- Efficient Time Management: Mastering the art of managing and prioritizing CFOs' schedules, creating necessary breaks, and ensuring seamless preparation time. You'll excel at handling requests, resolving conflicts, and judiciously delegating tasks.
- Meeting Excellence: You'll shine in coordinating and preparing meeting materials, setting up efficient reading processes, and using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to craft impactful documents and presentations.
- Email Mastery: Developing streamlined processes to address urgent and time-bound emails while providing prompt responses to routine messages.
- Stakeholder Relations: Building robust relationships with stakeholders, fostering a culture of continuous learning, and collaborating seamlessly with colleagues across the business.
- Engaging Communications: You'll orchestrate people calls, webcasts, and events while designing engaging engagement and visibility strategies.
- Technological Fluency: Keeping abreast of the latest digital technologies, showcasing proficiency in O365 and IT applications, and wielding advanced knowledge of internal systems and processes.
- Primary Contact & Call Management: Serving as the primary point of contact for the office and virtual office, adeptly screening and filtering calls and visitors.
- Safety, Security, Ethics & Compliance: Ensuring unwavering compliance with BT processes and policies, with a keen eye on financial prudence.
- Special Projects & Ad Hoc Brilliance: Taking on various administration tasks as requested, from document production to troubleshooting simple IT issues, facilitating new team member onboarding, and diligently attending meetings to capture notes and follow up on actions.
At BT, we entertain, educate, and empower millions of people every day. We're a brand built on connecting people - whether that's friends, family, businesses, or communities. Working here, you'll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but - more than that - you'll be joining an ambitious organization with a culture of togetherness, collaboration, and inclusivity.
Benefits of working for BT include:
A Few points to note:
- Up to 10% bonus
- 25 days' annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme - you contribute 5%, BT contributes 10%
- Family Healthcare
- Discounted broadband, and EE Mobile
- Season ticket loan and cycle-to-work schemes and many more flexible benefits to fit around you
- Access and involvement with our incredible 11 People Networks including Able2 network, Carers network, Ethnic diversity network, Gender equality network, and Pride network
- Volunteering days, so you can give back to your local community
Although these roles are listed as full-time, if you're a job share partnership, work reduced hours, or any other way of working flexibly, please still get in touch.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people who are disabled, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse, or from ethnic minority backgrounds are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification and criteria. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace where everyone can be their best, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement on the Job Description, please apply anyway - you may just be the right candidate for this or other roles in our wider team. About us
BT is part of BT Group, along with EE, Openreach, and Plusnet. Millions of people rely on us every day to help them live their lives, power their businesses, and keep their public services running. We connect friends to family, clients to colleagues, and people to possibilities. We all stick to the same values: Personal, Simple, and Brilliant. From day one, you'll get stuck into tough challenges, pitch in with ideas, and make things happen. But you won't be alone: we'll be there with help and support, learning and development.